CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday 29 September 2013

Friendship Swap 2013 - Part 1

Woo Hoo !!

My beautiful box of goodies arrived - though with a little dilemma. Unbeknownst to me and my swap partner - Cheryll - my 'Friendship Swap Goodie Box' had been misappropriated by a person known to Australia Post.

I pondered, and as excited. What would Cheryll send me ? As time went by, I became a little concerned at where the parcel may be, Never occurred to me that it was in 'no-mans land'. I just put the lateness of its arrival to our slap happy - sometimes its late, don't deliver on Friday thing :)

Then - I was driving up the street after going shopping - for food this time - and saw the postal delivery van.  My lust for parcels was in action. I parked and got out my car to await him walking across the street. I had been waiting for another two deliveries of bits and pieces I needed to complete some craft items.

As he walked across the tar, I notices he had two parcels and two letters. The letters amused me as he normally didn't bring those. He apologised for the lateness of the delivery. Huh? I said that I had been expecting some parcels. I noticed one had a digit incorrect and said "oops - that could have been an addressing error". He looked me straight in the face and said "Please read the letters first , it'll explain why your parcels are late".

Perplexed I took the parcels inside, noticed the slightly ripped package from Cheryll - excited I was - and told Mum that the delivery man was acting funny, and told me I had to open the letters first. So I sat down and opened the first of the letters. Oh Dear!!! Apologies from Australia Post stating that the parcels were allegedly stolen and under investigation by the police department. I felt overwhelming sadness as over 6 parcels in the last few months had disappeared, and the second in my hand was one of those. I had made a claim to PayPal and received my money back for that one, though I did write to the person involved and got him to send me an invoice to repay him - after all I did actually have the goods now.

I was soooo happy o note that the contents of both packages were intact.

So as NOT TO SPOIL the excitement, pictures and beauty of the swap gifts I will write a second BLOG to show you all what was sent to me.

Thank you to the employees of Australia Post who got Cheryll's parcel to me. You don't know how much it means to me and Cheryll its here safe

Yours in quilting heaven - Dee
Not sure if you can read this but its part f the A.P. letter

No comments:

Post a Comment